the school of things


This summer we visited an exhibition of Lee Ufan (Marking Infinity). It was very relaxing. I loved the rocks on cushions (Relatum) and the repetitive paintings and prints. If you are interested in this type of thing, you can find out a bit more about the movement that Lee was a part of, Mono-ha, and see a video about Ufan here. Mono-ha may translate to "the school of things". This is apparently not a very good translation, but I like it. It seems very vague and inclusive. I feel like I belong to the school of things.



Anyway, I came across our tickets from the exhibition while I was tidying my paperwork today and we decided to do some Ufan-inspired paintings at the kitchen table with the Augs.
We used brushes and q tips. Auggie improvised by drawing suns over top and running a toy crane through the paint, wheel painting-style.



It was fun. And then we cut our paper up (it was thick watercolour paper) and used some for birthday cards.


3 comments:

  1. That looks like fun - might have to try that when my little art teacher arrives home from school. We tried doing something similar feeding crayons through a glue gun but had rather explosive results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds pretty exciting actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we are looking for a sock to make into a platypus (current mania). I have been promised we can do a bit of painting later on.

    ReplyDelete